Network Editor, Layout 1%

Another bit, recursive search through all connected nodes. Later I will layout these connected “trees” nicely. Cameras, Lights, ROPs into specific locations.

Inside SOP Geo nodes, I also like to have multiple separate trees (multiple OUT… / Object Merge… / OUT… / Object Merge / OUT…) so I will layout those trees automatically in logical order of dependencies, left to right.

def getConnectedNodes(node,got):
    iteration = []

    inout = []
    inout += node.inputs()    
    inout += node.outputs()
    for n in inout:
        if n not in got:
            got.append(n)        
            iteration.append(n)
            iteration += getConnectedNodes(n,got)

    return iteration

selection = hou.selectedNodes()[0]
allConnected = []
allConnected = getConnectedNodes(selection,allConnected)

This is just the beginning of the journey! I like the new “Layout All” system in H16, hotkey L or Shift-L for selected nodes. It behaves quite logically, 99% times I can rely on automatic layout. The remaining 1% I will solve by python script.

This small part takes all the Chopnets and positions them beside their appropriate Channel SOPs. Naming convention has to be maintained. To be continued.

# define offset
offsetx = 3;
offsety = 0;

import hou
import toolutils

# container path
active_pane = toolutils.activePane(kwargs)
if active_pane is not None and active_pane.type() == hou.paneTabType.NetworkEditor:
    containerpath = active_pane.pwd().path()

# find all chopnets
chopnets = hou.node(containerpath).glob("chopnet_*")

# for all
for ch in chopnets:
    xxx,task = ch.name().split("_")
    
    # appropriate channel node
    path_channel = containerpath + "/channel_" + task
    path_chopnet = containerpath + "/chopnet_" + task
    
    node_channel = hou.node(path_channel)
    node_chopnet = hou.node(path_chopnet)    
    
    # get
    posx = node_channel.position()[0] + offsetx
    posy = node_channel.position()[1] + offsety

    # set
    node_chopnet.setPosition( [posx,posy] )

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *